Sant'Andrea della Valle is a church dedicated to St Andrew the Apostle. It is characterized by the magnificent cupola raised by Carlo Maderno in 1622, which is the tallest in Rome after that of St. Peter's.
In this church, built in 1589 by Domenico Fontana according to Giacomo Della Porta's design, many masterpieces are kept. Among which the famous works by Caravaggio Martirio di San Matteo, Vocazione di San Matteo and San Matteo e l'angelo.
Example of Renaissance architecture in Rome. The building is owned by the Holy See and is currently home to the Tribunal of the Sacred Roman Rota, the Pontifical Roman Academy of Archaeology and the Pontifical Commission for Cultural Heritage of the Church.