The elegant building is located in the heart of Renaissance Rome on Corso Vittorio Emanuele II a>. The Palace was built in 1523 for the French prelate Thomas Le Roy , designed by Antonio da Sangallo the Younger. In 1899, during excavations aimed to consolidate the foundations, Roman ruins were discovered including a beautiful porch.
Although rather small, the Palace presents an elegant harmony and despite a partial demolition, carried out between 1898 and 1905, still well recognizable the Renaissance elements. The lilies of France were placed on the facade were confused with the heraldic symbols of "Farnese" and for this reason was called "Piccola Farnesina"